Established in 1985, Smith Design/Build has worked to build smarter while delivering value.
With over two decades of experience and knowledge of construction and general contracting services, we understand the needs of our clients. We have experience with both plan and spec construction as well as the integrated Design/Build approach where we play an active role from the beginnings of the design process.
From inception to completion, each project will receive our unsurpassed commitment to quality. We have implemented a checks and balances system that will ensure a flawless execution and delivery of our services.
412 Golden Bear Court
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
services we offer
Smith Design/Build’s approach to providing you with a full spectrum of pre-construction services will deliver significant benefits.
Budget Development and Estimating
We understand every project ultimately has a budget to be met. Even today concepts still begin with a “sketch on a napkin” and proceed rapidly to real bricks and mortar. The merging of design, budget, schedule and functionality is a challenge that we embrace. We quickly develop dependable budgets, even during the early schematic phases. As the design progresses the estimate is constantly refined resulting in a true cost estimate that will meet the budget and minimize unexpected expenses. This provides our clients with the information they need to plan a successful project and have confidence in the outcome.
Budget and Estimating
- Conception budgeting
- Design alternative analysis during
- schematic phase
- Method and material value reviews through the detailed design phase
- Subcontractor and supplier value engineering participation
- Governing agency compliance review for zoning, utilities, architectural review and building codes
- Detailed final cost estimate
- Maximize the effect of every project dollar spent through cost analysis, considerations of labor and material availability, construction feasibility, and overall effect on the project schedule.
- Identify, investigate and suggest viable design alternatives that will avoid unnecessary expenditures and provide improved value and economy while preserving the design intent and goals.
- The value analysis review provides consideration of all expenditures relating to construction, maintenance, operation and replacement.
- Design documents will be reviewed to ensure the documents are clear, the construction details are efficient, and the architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical drawings are coordinated.
- Throughout the process we will work with all of the design professionals involved to ensure that there are no “surprises” during the construction phase that will impact the overall schedule and/or budget.
- The Smith Design/Build pre-construction team is based on decades of experience, providing accurate reviews and the ability to sequentially map out the logistics of an entire project well in advance of construction.
With an exceptional reputation for quality, integrity and value, at Smith Design/Build we consistently strive to maintain the guiding principles with which we founded our company. Our approach remains steadfast: meet exceptional standards of quality while maintaining our safety record, establish clear lines of communication, and stay on schedule and within budget.
412 Golden Bear Court
Murfreesboro, TN 37128